Absolute Take-it-to-the-Bank Certain
1. Beings will continue to be born, age, suffer, sicken and die. In brief, samsara will still suck.
2. Most humans will still be motivated by greed, hatred and delusion.
3. Nevertheless, there will be, here and there, moments of wisdom and acts of kindness to lighten the load.
4. Everyone of us who survives the year will be one year closer to death.
Pretty Safe Bets
1. 2007 will be hotter, as a world average, than 2006
2. Politicians in many countries will make soothing mouth noises about climate change but nothing of consequence will be done about it.
3. People in the Middle East will continue to kill each other for land, water, oil, religion, looking at each other funny and for no damn reason
4. President Bush will say something stupid
5. In Canada, the minority government will fall on a no-confidence motion and there will be fresh elections
6. Also, the Maple Leafs will not win the Stanley Cup
7. Stupid celebrity scandals will dominate the American media to distract from most of the above. (except the really crucial no.6 about which they don't give a damn)
Maybe Just Wishful Thinking
1. The Democrats in the US will begin seriously investigating the crimes of the Bush administration
2. The US will begin pulling out of Iraq
3. The US and Israel will realize a war with Iran would be catastrophically insane and will back off
4. The Maple Leafs will get to the playoffs